- 8 boneless, skinless Chukar breasts 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1lb. of bacon
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander (dried cilantro) 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, or around 400 degrees (we used a hot plate and skillet on low).
- Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Trim any visible fat off the meat, rinse, and towel dry. Drizzle oil over the meat and rub it in with your hands. Shake spice rub onto both sides of meat. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- While the meat is cooking, warm honey in a microwave for 15 seconds, to thin out the consistency. Whisk in vinegar. Drizzle glaze over meat during the final moments of cooking. Make sure to save two spoonfuls of glaze to use before serving. Remove meat from grill and allow meat to stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut meat into 2” strips.
- Cut bacon into 3-4” strips and cook in pan. Make sure you don’t overcook the bacon until crisp, you will need it to be flexible enough to wrap it around the meat.
- Once the bacon is done, remove it from the pan and wrap it around the chunks of chukar. Use a toothpick to hold it together.
- Drizzle the remaining honey glaze over the finished chukar chunks.