This creamy, messy queso is filled with hard-earned elk goodness. If you like melt-in-your mouth Queso dips, you are going to love this recipe.
- 1-2 lbs of ground elk meat (we used 2) 1/2 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 full yellow onion (diced finely)
- 4 green onions (diced finely)
- 32 oz. velveeta (cut into cubes)
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 Serano peppers (seeded and diced) 2 cans Rotel (we used mild)
- 10 oz. water
- Large bad of tortilla chips
Brown elk meat in pan. Once cooked, add to crockpot with cheese and vegetables, and seasoning. Make sure to cut velveeta into small cubes so it melts faster. Add all ingredients and stir regularly. Cook in crockpot for 1-2 hrs while stirring on high.